Sunday, October 25, 2009

Krutrim / आर्टिफ़िशिअल

Recently, I have read many Marathi posts, by Marathi bloggers/writers. There was usage of English words in them. While reading those words coming in context of Marathi words, I always feel something weird. I don't know if its my bias or something, but to me they sound artificial ( like the Marathi of Radio Jockeys). Now whether it is the "reading voice" in the head which makes it sound so or what, I don't know, it could be a reason. But, then I also found that English words written in English instead of Marathi script did not sound that way, they came with the flow. From this I feel that may be it is because of the way transliteration occurs. That is, Marathi is read as it is written, so 'actually' the English word being read is not being read as it should be in actual English (so it indeed is artificial). May be.
Similarly, Marathi words written in English, coming in an English sentence, may also sound artificial, do they ?... May be ...

No comments:

Post a Comment